R&D Test Engineer
Start DateSpring 2022
This position may have additional semesters if the allocation of further funding is available. Most positions involve 40 hrs/week during the summer and 10-20 hrs/week when classes occur. The guaranteed semesters for this position are:
Develop science instruments that survey the lunar surface for resources and determine their properties in-situ & develop a large semi-automous field rover. Funded by NASA
- Testing cone penetrometer (atmosphere, vacuum).
- Design and fabrication of test support fixtures.
- Design and fabrication of new testing facilities.
- Communicating results to NASA stakeholders/
- Data collection and analysis.
- You must be a U.S. person.
- Can lift 50lbs.
- CAD Design (NX, Inventor, SolidWorks)
- Machine shop training.
- 3D Printing
- Electronics Experience
Apply NASA LuSTR 2020NASA Lunar Surface Technology Research (LuSTR) (Exploration of lunar volatiles and determination of geotechnical properties) – "Percussive Hot Cone Penetrometer (PHCP) and Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) for Geotechnical and Volatiles Mapping"